Tuesday, January 23, 2007

American Idol Auditions



I'm not sure how many of you watch American Idol out there, but I think I have renewed my passion for it this year. I watched the entire second season from start to finish, but haven't been as interested the last two times around. I'm not sure I'll catch it all this time around either, but I really love watching the auditions. It makes for some good laughs anyway. Who told these people they can sing? Especially the ones who are bad, yet are teaching others to sing as well. Holy crap, make sure you do some background investigating before you hire your next voice coach.

Last week's shows proved that the American Northwest is flat out weird. There was strange weirdo after strange weirdo, especially in Seattle. Wow. I thought that American Idol had invaded a Star Trek convention or something. Tonight the auditions will come from Memphis and I have a feeling that the South is gonna come through big time. Should be a good one.

I'm all for the judges being honest to the people auditioning, but sometimes they just go a little too far. I'm sure the music business can be cruel, but dang! give some of the folks a break. I honestly believed that some of them were not all there mentally to begin with. Simon told one guy he looked like a jungle creature. Whaa!?

The sad thing I see in these auditions is the weight many of the contestants put on themselves to make it through, to be a huge star, etc., etc. Why is this so important to some people. I wanted to grab some of those that came out crying as if life was over and tell them, "There is more to life than this, so much more!" That really makes me sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should watch it, but sadly I have class at night when it is on. Probably watching SEC basketball when I get back. :P

You should try out Matt.