Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm a Bad Blogger

Ok, it has been well over a month since my last post. For that, I apologize. For some reason I have had trouble getting motivated to write for some reason, but I will try to do better. It will be one of my New Year's resolutions. Much has happened since the last time I wrote, the most exciting of which is the new pair of lungs Janet Ellis recently received on Dec. 20. Wow! What a great Christmas present, huh? If you would like to follow her progress (which, so far is going excellent) and drop a message or two of encouragement, visit www.carepages.com and search for "janetlungs". I'm sure she would greatly appreciate some more encouraging words.

Leslie and I had a great Christmas. I always love spending time with my family on Christmas and exchanging gifts, laughing together and just enjoying each other's company. I got some cool gifts, as always, which is pretty exciting, so I plan on using/wearing all of them quite often.

New Year's Eve was fun as we spent it at my Uncle Johnathan and Aunt Missy's house where we watched an excellent display of fireworks from Johnathan, who I worry a little about, with his passion for pyrotechnics and fire and all, haha. Anyway, it was another fun time and for me, it's about the only time I get to stay up late and not be the only one doing so, so that was nice.

With the new year comes new beginnings and fresh starts. 2006 wasn't the greatest year for me, although it wasn't a total loss. We lost my uncle David to heart attack in May, I stopped doing Youth Ministry and some other things happened that just made for a tough time, although I have to say it ended on a pretty good note. Things continue looking up and I know that we have to remember to look at the big picture and see the lessons God is always trying to teach us, whether in good times or bad. My God is the god of second chances (and third & fourth, etc.) and he has blessed with a new year to get to know him more and start over again. His grace is and mercy are truly amazing. I'll leave you with this verse:

So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
- 2 Corinthians 5: 16-21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good New Year's Resolution Matt. Glad you had a good Christmas.