Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lobster Anyone?



"Why do I have a picture of a lobster on my blog?" You might ask. Well, it's simple. Because right now I look like one. Yesterday Leslie and I spent part of the day with some friends on the Tombigbee River near Columbus. Needless to say, I was out there a little bit too long and today I am paying the price. Mind you, I've been burnt worse before, but it's still never fun to be sun burned. I guess I will never learn my lesson.

Sunday I got to sing with two friends of mine at First Christian Church here in West Point. We sang "One Thing I Ask", "Hide Me Away, O Lord" and "Wait on the Lord" (which I learned in 10 minutes). People are always so impressed at a cappella singing when they aren't used to hearing it at their church. It is always music to my ears having grown up around it my whole life. To me, there is nothing quite like it and I love every opportunity to sing with my friends.

Friday, I attended the worst graduation EVER. My cousin graduated from West Point High so me and some of my family went to see him. For some odd reason we met his parents at the far end of the stadium where it was hard to see anything. And I don't think I heard 10 words of the graduation ceremony because people all around us were talking, stomping on the stands and showing up 30 minutes after graduation started. I faintly heard the principal ask for respect and silence since graduation is supposed to be a dignified event, yet I saw no action taken to make that happen. I was really angry. Why do people have such a hard time showing even the smallest amount of respect.

No comments: